Be updated with the latest topics and hot trends of bitcoin, ripple, binance coin, crypto trading, and other cryptocurrency related.
- Nigerian Currency Plunges to New Low of 570 — 10% of Value Lost in Under 30 Daysby Terence Zimwara on September 17, 2021 at 9:30 am
The Nigerian currency, the naira, plunged to a new all-time low of N570 for every dollar on September 16, 2021. This new exchange rate means since August 17, the naira has now lost about a tenth of its value on the foreign currency black market. Naira Overvalued In spite of this plunge, which has been
- Avalanche Pulls Down $230 Million Investment Led by Polychain and Three Arrows Capitalby Sergio Goschenko on September 17, 2021 at 7:30 am
Avalanche, a smart contract-enabled cryptocurrency, has received a $230 million investment from a group of VC companies. The funding round, which is being described as a private sale, was led by Polychain and Three Arrows Capital, with the participation of other companies. This investment will give these companies participation in on-chain Avalanche governance and exposure
- 200 smart contracts launch on Cardano … but there’s a catchby Cointelegraph By Brian Newar on September 17, 2021 at 5:51 am
A raft of smart contracts have launched on Cardano, but they are in a timelock and cannot be used yet.
- Vitalik Buterin Among Time’s 100 Most Influential People of 2021by Sergio Goschenko on September 17, 2021 at 5:30 am
Vitalik Buterin, a co-founder of Ethereum, the second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has made Time magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people of 2021. The programmer was listed as an innovator, and Time valued his ability to empower other creators with his continued support for Ethereum and all the things that its prime feature,
- Democrat Senator lobbies agencies over the use of crypto in ransomwareby Cointelegraph By Martin Young on September 17, 2021 at 5:15 am
Senator Hassan wants federal agencies to take more action while Senator Lummis is more concerned with stifling innovation.
- How to Recover a Lost Blockchain Wallet Password – KeychainX Expert Explainsby Bitcoin.com PR on September 17, 2021 at 5:00 am
There is no greater fear for cryptocurrency investors than one day forgetting the password to their blockchain wallets, seeing how their own money is right in their hands but still locked away forever from them. If this has happened to you, however, don’t lose hope. There are ways to recover a lost blockchain wallet password,
- $1.2B in Ether withdrawn from centralized exchanges in record daily outflowby Cointelegraph By Samuel Haig on September 17, 2021 at 3:46 am
More than $1 billion worth of Ether has been withdrawn from centralized exchanges within a 24-hour period. It’s the second time this year and the price went vertical last time.
- Model Suggests BTC Price Floor Is $39K, Survey Shows Hope for Year-End $100K Bitcoin Priceby Jamie Redman on September 17, 2021 at 3:30 am
Bitcoin prices have been better after the second week of September, hovering around $46.5K to $48.5K per unit during the last two days. Meanwhile, bitcoin proponents still believe a significant second-leg up will be happening this year and a recent survey published by Plan B with 123,410 votes shows people believe bitcoin will reach $100K
- El Salvador’s credit rating could take hit amid Bitcoin adoption warns S&P Globalby Cointelegraph By Brian Quarmby on September 17, 2021 at 3:21 am
S&P Global believes El Salvador’s recognition of Bitcoin as legal tender has brought “immediate negative implications” for its credit rating.
- Estonian ‘auto liquidation’ DeFi platform Minterest raises $6.5mby Cointelegraph By Martin Young on September 17, 2021 at 3:14 am
Minterest aims to channel all fees, interest, and revenue back into the protocol for its users.
- Korean Finance Minister vows to fight moves to delay the crypto tax codeby Cointelegraph By Brian Newar on September 17, 2021 at 2:58 am
The ruling party is planning to attempt a postponement of the crypto tax laws but the Finance Minister is not for turning.
- Treasury plots stablecoin crackdown even as Tether’s dominance wanesby Cointelegraph By Samuel Haig on September 17, 2021 at 2:08 am
While Tether’s dominance has fallen to 56%, USDC and BUSD have surged to 23.9% and 10.4% respectively.
- ECB President Christine Lagarde Insists Cryptos Are Not Currencies, Calls Them Highly Speculative, Suspiciousby Kevin Helms on September 17, 2021 at 1:30 am
The president of the European Central Bank (ECB), Christine Lagarde, says cryptos are not currencies, adding that they are “highly speculative, suspicious occasionally, and high intensity in terms of energy consumption.” She also discussed the need for stablecoin regulation and central bank digital currencies (CBDCs). Lagarde: ‘Cryptos Are Not Currencies. Full Stop’ ECB President
- Avalanche (AVAX) just hit a new ATH, but what’s really behind the price surge?by Cointelegraph By Jordan Finneseth on September 17, 2021 at 1:24 am
AVAX price soared to a record high as heavy inflows enter the protocol through its cross-chain bridge and institutional investors pledge $230 million in funding for the rapidly expanding Avalanche ecosystem.
- Shanghai Man: China’s version of McJob meme, eCNY airdrops, Canaan’s record revenueby Cointelegraph By Ben Yorke on September 17, 2021 at 12:59 am
- US Lawmakers Propose to Subject Cryptocurrencies to Wash Sale Ruleby Kevin Helms on September 16, 2021 at 11:30 pm
A committee of the U.S. House of Representatives has proposed to subject cryptocurrencies to the “wash sale” rule. Since cryptocurrencies are treated as property by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), they are currently not subject to the wash sale rule. This proposal attempts to close down a big crypto tax loophole. Crypto Included in New
- Ethereum options data suggests the battle for $4K ETH is at least a week awayby Cointelegraph By Marcel Pechman on September 16, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Traders are long on Ether, but derivatives data suggests that a $4,000 price tag is a long shot in the short term.
- Satoshi Nakamoto statue goes up in Budapestby Cointelegraph By Turner Wright on September 16, 2021 at 10:16 pm
“Whoever he or she was, Bitcoin creates value, and especially the technology behind Bitcoin, blockchain, creates value,” said András Győrfi.
- Horizen (ZEN) is now available on Coinbaseby Coinbase on September 16, 2021 at 10:04 pm
Starting today, Horizen (ZEN) is available on Coinbase.com and in the Coinbase Android and iOS apps. Coinbase customers can now trade, send, receive, or store ZEN in most Coinbase-supported regions, with certain exceptions indicated in each asset page here. Trading for these assets is also supported on Coinbase Pro.Horizen (ZEN) is a blockchain ecosystem that enables privacy-preserving decentralized applications. Using ZEN as its native asset, Horizen has both a main blockchain and a sidechain platform that enables developers to build custom private or public blockchains and decentralized applications.One of the most common requests we hear from customers is to be able to buy and sell more cryptocurrencies on Coinbase. We announced a process for listing assets, designed in part to accelerate the addition of more cryptocurrencies. We are also investing in new tools to help people understand and explore cryptocurrencies. We launched informational asset pages (see ZEN), as well as a new section of the Coinbase website to answer common questions about crypto.Customers can sign up for a Coinbase account here to buy, sell, convert, send, receive, or store e Coinbase Android and iOS apps. Coinbase customers can now trade, send, receive, or store ZEN today.Please note: Coinbase Ventures may be an investor in the crypto projects mentioned here, and additionally, Coinbase may hold such tokens on its balance sheet for operational purposes. A list of Coinbase Ventures investments is available at https://ventures.coinbase.com/. Coinbase intends to maintain its investment in these entities for the foreseeable future and maintains internal policies that address the timing of permissible disposition of any related digital assets, if applicable. All assets, regardless of whether Coinbase Ventures holds an investor or Coinbase holds for operational purposes, are subject to the same strict review guidelines and review process.This website contains links to third-party websites or other content for information purposes only (“Third-Party Sites”). The Third-Party Sites are not under the control of Coinbase, Inc., and its affiliates (“Coinbase”), and Coinbase is not responsible for the content of any Third-Party Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Third-Party Site, or any changes or updates to a Third-Party Site. Coinbase is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Third-Party Site. Coinbase is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by Coinbase of the site or any association with its operators.Crypto is a new type of asset. Besides potential day to day or hour to hour volatility, each crypto asset has unique features. Make sure you research and understand individual assets before you transact.All images provided herein are by Coinbase.Horizen (ZEN) is now available on Coinbase was originally published in The Coinbase Blog on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.
- Study Shows Cross-Chain Bridge Technology Growth, Bridges to Ethereum Exceed $7 Billionby Jamie Redman on September 16, 2021 at 9:30 pm
On September 8, 2021, Dmitriy Berenzon, research partner at 1kxnetwork, an early-stage crypto fund that helps founders bootstrap token networks, published a comprehensive research post concerning blockchain bridges. Berenzon’s study highlights the current “multi-chain market structure” and bridges that are making a myriad of blockchains compatible. Researcher: ‘We Are Finally in a Multi-Chain Market Structure’